Friday, December 31, 2010

'Stoopendous' Green Eggs and Ham

"Do you like
green eggs and ham?

I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.
I do not like
green eggs and ham."    -Dr. Seuss-



I had the pleasure of revisiting Orlando, Florida around Christmas time, and I must say, this trip was just as magical as my first one. As a food fanatic who has seen and tasted so much on this trip, I am more than ecstatic to report that your eyes will be bewitched for the upcoming posts!


Let us begin. First stop is at Dr. Seuss Landing at the Island of Adventure, Universal Studios.
"Green Eggs and Ham", a quick service restaurant in
 Island of Adventure, Universal Studios (Orlando, Florida)

 With a digital camera in one hand, and a water bottle in another, I ran to the end of the line as soon as I saw this little cafe. Can you believe it? Green eggs and ham! The cafe also offers regular fast foods like cheeseburgers, vegetarian burgers, chicken strips, fries and drinks, but why would anyone pass up on an opportunity to digest one of Dr. Seuss' finest creations?

Green Eggs and Ham at Island of Adventure, Universal Studios (Orlando, FL)
 From the outside, it does resemble a normal ham sandwich. The sandwich combo comes with a side of fries, and a regular size soft drink all for $7.99, which is a fair price for theme park foods.


Green Eggs and Ham ($7.99), at the Island of Adventure (Orlando, FL)
Quite fascinating isn't it? From what I have learned, the green colour of the egg is made through the use of natural ingredients like herbs, and not artificial colouring (believe it or not), so don't be afraid to take a big bite of the green egg!


Green Eggs and Ham, at the Island of Adventure (Orlando, FL)
 Yum.

Green Eggs and Ham, at the Island of Adventure (Orlando, FL)
 I opened up the sandwich to take a closer look at the green egg, but I'm afraid that I do not recall what I was thinking at the time, because the next thing I knew, I had already taken two big bites out of the sandwich. 


Green Eggs and Ham, at the Island of Adventure (Orlando, FL)
Aside from the fact that the egg is green, one must note that it is, after all, a simple eggs&ham sandwich. The ham slices and eggs were soft and chewy, but a little bit too salty for my liking. The melted cheddar cheese did add a creamy taste and texture, and did a solid job of holding everything together. Overall, the sandwich was very plain, and very dry. It was so dry that by the time I have engulfed half of the sandwich, I had already finished my drink. Or perhaps it was due to the salty ham slices. I can't be quite sure.  The portion was adequate, and the crispy french fries were, to say the least, addicting. Ultimately, I did have a fun time gobbling up 'Green Eggs and Ham', for the obvious reason of the green eggs being visually enticing. 




"Do you like green eggs and ham?"


"They are satisfactory,
Sam-I-am,
Fans of Dr.Seuss are sure to enjoy green eggs and ham,
of that I am sure, Sam-I-am" 


-Thing 1-
*Stay tuned for updates on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter with treats from Honeydukes, Three Broomsticks, and more!*

No comments:

Post a Comment